Bryan T. Davis
Experience and highlights
- Represented online travel companies in tax lawsuits filed by various state and local taxing jurisdictions throughout the country.
- Represented commercial lending institutions and judgment creditors in federal bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings.
- Represented farm credit institutions in connection with federal regulatory guidance, foreclosure proceedings, bankruptcy cases, and probate proceedings.
- Represented property owners in appeals of ad valorem tax assessments concerning more than $300 million in real and personal property.
- Represented client in professional negligence lawsuit against attorney and obtained an $800,000 judgment in the client's favor.
- Represented lenders in professional negligence lawsuit against title company and attorney, resulting in $1.5 million settlement in lenders' favor.
- Represented employer in wrongful death lawsuit and obtained a take nothing judgment in employer’s favor.
- Represented mortgage broker in lawsuit against former employee and competitor, resulting in $3 million settlement for mortgage broker.
- Represented real estate broker in lawsuit against competitor, resulting in $2 million settlement in favor of real estate broker.
- Represented stockholder in derivative lawsuit on behalf of closely held company, resulting in $475,000 settlement for stockholder.
- Represented insured in lawsuit against insurance company for breach of contract and violation of the Texas Insurance Code and obtained $250,000 settlement for insured
- Represented employees in lawsuit against employer for breach of employment agreement, resulting in $1 million settlement for employees.
Affiliations and honors
- American Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Eldon B. Mahon American Inn of Court, Associate, 2013-2015
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas magazine, 2014, 2018
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2018
- 40 Under 40 honoree, Fort Worth Business Press, 2018
- Top Attorney in Commercial Litigation, 360 West magazine, 2017
- Texas Wesleyan School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- Texas Wesleyan Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A., Finance, 2000
- State Bar of Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas