Harold L. Hensley Jr.
Harold L. Hensley, Jr. is a partner in the Oil & Gas/Energy and Litigation Sections of the firm. He is a skilled trial lawyer with a legacy of victories in both state and federal courts. He is a member of the Roehl Circle of Honor of trial lawyers in New Mexico and served the New Mexico Supreme Court as a member of its Uniform Jury Selection Committee.
Mr. Hensley received his BBA degree from Rice University and his law degree from the University of Texas. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas and New Mexico, and is a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, having served as the New Mexico State Chair and formerly serving on the National Federal Rules of Evidence Committees and Alternate Dispute Resolution Committees.
Mr. Hensley is admitted to practice in the US District Court for the Western District, Eastern District, and Northern District Courts of Texas, and the US District Courts of New Mexico. His practice is limited to complex litigation primarily in the fields of oil and gas, commercial law, and condemnation.
Mr. Hensley is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, the United States Court of Claims, the District Courts of Texas and New Mexico, and the Texas and New Mexico Supreme Courts. Mr. Hensley has been listed in the Best Lawyers of America since 1989 in the areas of Business Litigation and Personal Injury.
Affiliations and honors
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2015-2019
- Personal Injury Litigation Plaintiffs Best Lawyers, 2014
- Personal Injury Litigation Defendants Best Lawyers, 2014
- Oil and Gas Law Best Lawyers, 2014
- Natural Resources Law Best Lawyers in Commercial Litigation, 2014
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Best Lawyers of America
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- Rice University, B.B.A.
- State Bar of Texas, 2004
- State Bar of New Mexico, 1961
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Claims
- U.S. District Courts of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court, Western District Courts of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District Courts of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District Courts of Texas