Mr. Johnson has represented clients from a broad range of industries before state and federal trial courts across the country in disputes involving allegations of infringement, breach of contract, and fraud. He has helped prepare the largest, "bet-the-company" cases for trial, but he has also handled smaller matters with streamlined teams.
Mr. Johnson has practiced in both state and federal appellate courts, including the Supreme Court of Texas and the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, which has nationwide jurisdiction to hear appeals in patent cases. He also assists other lawyers in preserving issues for appeal.
Arbitration, Administrative, and Government Relations:
Mr. Johnson has experience in a variety of adminstrative and arbitration proceedings, and works with other lawyers to help clients navigate the intersection of law, policy, and politics at state and local governments.
Experience and highlights
- Won a nine-figure summary judgment against a pharmaceutical company for breaching a patent license agreement
- Defended a Fortune 500 telecom company in a three-week securities fraud jury trial, resulting in a take-nothing verdict
- Successful Federal Circuit appeal and cross-appeal of antitrust and intellectual property claims. Industrial Models, Inc. v. SNF, Inc., No. 2017-1172, 2017 WL 5152159 (Fed. Cir. Nov. 7, 2017)
Affiliations and honors
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Association, Member
- Austin Bar Association, Member
- Austin Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Todos Juntos Education Center, Board Member
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of Chicago, B.A., 2006
- State Bar of Texas, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas