Jarratt Watkins focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and general corporate matters. He regularly works with publicly traded and privately held corporate companies, as well as private equity firms and management companies, on complex mergers and acquisitions, dispositions and internal restructurings. Mr. Watkins has worked on behalf of clients in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, aerospace, technology, retail goods, financial services, energy and entertainment.
Experience and highlights
- Assisted in the representation of American Beacon Advisors, Inc. (a portfolio company of TPG Capital and Pharos Capital Group) in its sale to Kelso & Company and Estancia Capital Management
- Assisted in the representation of a manufacturer of drilling machinery in the $65 million sale of its business to a strategic competitor
- Assisted in the representation of Sabre Corporation (NASDAQ) in connection with its acquisition of the assets of Genares Worldwide Reservation Services, Ltd.
- Represented a national for-profit childcare organization in the strategic acquisition of several child care centers
Affiliations and honors
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas magazine, 2018
- Top Attorney in less than five years in practice in Corporate Finance/Mergers and Acquisitions, 360 West magazine, 2017-2018
- Top Attorney under five years in practice, Fort Worth, Texas magazine, 2013-2017
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- SMU Law Review Association; Editor of the 47th Annual Air Law Symposium
- Hatton W. Sumners Foundation Scholarship Recipient
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2007
- Distinguished College Scholar
- State Bar of Texas, 2013