Mr. Alley graduated with a B.S. from Texas A&M University and earned his J.D. from Texas A&M University School of Law, where he served as business editor for the Texas A&M Journal of Property Law.
Mr. Alley is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the Tarrant County Bar Association.
Experience and highlights
- Regulatory Compliance Counsel for fund administrator with $16 billion assets under administration
- In-house counsel, corporate governance
- Provided strategic guidance and assistance on electronic discovery, depositions, motions, settlements, and hearings
- Investigated and analyzed conflicts of interest and AML/KYC issues
- Assisted companies with investment advisory agreements, master service agreements, compliance agreements, non-disclosure, non-compete agreements; consent letters, regulatory review, and general corporate law
- Created investment advisor compliance manuals for hedge fund and private equity clients
- Aided private equity and hedge fund clients with SEC and state examinations
- Texas A&M University School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Texas A&M Journal of Property Law, Business Editor
- Trial Advocacy: ADR Team, 2nd Place at ABA Regional Mediation Competition
- Texas A&M Law Fellowship Program, 2016-2017
- Highest Grade in Torts, Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, and Family Law
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Texas A&M University, B.S. in Industrial Distribution, 2014
- State Bar of Texas, 2018
Speeches & Publications
- Pokémon Go: Emerging Liability Arising From Virtual Trespass for Augmented Reality Applications, 4 Tex. A&M J. Prop. L. 273 (2018).