Ms. Brandl has a Master of Science in biotechnology, and is well versed in working with experts in various technological fields. She has represented clients in the oil and gas, medical technology, financial, and construction industries.
Experience and highlights
- Representation of oil and gas operators, midstream companies, and mineral interest owners in various oil and gas related litigation matters including breach of contract disputes, adverse possession disputes, trespass to try title disputes, declaratory judgment actions/quiet title disputes, various breach of oil and gas lease and surface use agreement disputes, negligence and trespass disputes, and royalty and post production cost disputes.
- Representation of oil and gas operators and drilling contractors in inspection, pre-litigation analysis, and litigation regarding defense of various personal injury oilfield accidents.
- Representation of various companies regarding misappropriation of trade secrets and violations of non-competition/non-solicitation agreement disputes.
- Representation of various companies in intellectual property litigation, including patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret disputes.
Affiliations and honors
- Leadership Midland Alumni
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Permian Basin Women's Energy Network
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2016
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2006
Order of the Coif
Texas Tech Law Review, Articles Editor
- Texas Tech University, M.S., 2006
- University of Dallas, B.A., summa cum laude, 2003
- State Bar of Texas, 2006
- State Bar of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
Speeches & Publications
- Speaker, "Intellectual Property: Fundamentals and Practical Tips", Executive Women's Club of Midland, 2018
- Excluding Testimony Through the Effective Use of Motions in Limine and Motions to Exclude, Texas Association of Defense Counsel, April 20, 2017
- Judicial Interpretation of 35 U.S.C. 271(e)(1): An Improper Expansion Beyond the Legislative Intent, Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology, 2006
- Tips for Avoiding Loss of Patentability Caused by Oral Presentations, Western Regional Center of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases Research Brochure, 2006
- Speaker, "Intellectual Property: Fundamentals, Practical Tips, and Relevance to the Oil and Gas Industry", Midland County Bar Association Luncheon, April 11, 2014
- Speaker, "Intellectual Property in the Oil Patch", Midland Young Professionals in Energy Luncheon, August 26, 2014